- I went to the beautiful, beautiful country of Haiti to spread the love of Christ. But you know what I find every year I go? The people of Haiti end up helping me more than I help them. Their smiling faces and thankful hearts give me hope.
- I've gotten to enjoy the last precious months with some friends before we're all swept away to college.
- There has been a lot of shopping for various things that I'm very excited about. I've got a trip to South Carolina in two weeks, I went to D.C. twice, there was shopping for the Haiti trip, I got A LOT of gift cards at my graduation party, and, of course, college!! Dun dun dun!! I am so looking forward to decorating my dorm. It's the little things.
- Although going to Haiti is such a beautiful thing, there are also some sad times included. It breaks my heart to see children walking around without shoes or clothes, animals ridden with disease, and people living in tents. But through this sadness, I can find comfort in knowing that God sees these people, and he knows them. I used to think, "Wow, this is sad, someone should do something about this," and that's when I realized that I am someone.
- My dear friend Amanda's dad passed away while I was in Haiti. And he wasn't just my friend's dad, he was like another dad to me, as well. In this situation, we all rejoiced over the God-fearing life he led, and we know we'll see him again.