Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happenings.

Happy Independence Day! I am so blessed to live in a free nation under God. The history of this day overwhelms me sometimes! (nerd alert.) Anywho....

God works in strange (but awesome!) ways sometimes. I apologize in advance, but I have to leave most of this story to your imagination. What would be the fun in just spilling all the details? :)  So... I was recently in a relationship that I had no intentions of being a summer fling. I am certainly not that kind of girl. I believe that the purpose of dating is to find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that you enter every relationship strapped down, determined that you're going to marry this person; but I don't think you should "date for fun." Anyway, that relationship did not work out.

I am not currently dating someone else, but (to be cheesy, sorry!!) I think that God smiled at me and showed me someone that has been right in front of me for a long time. The Lord is very, very apparent in his speech, his actions, and his whole life. He is a blessing to so many people in so many ways. What my prayer is is that God will be the light unto my path. If something is supposed to start, I will trust in Him to lead me there. I also ask that if you've taken the time to read this, will you pray for me, as well? I have really begun to see the ways in which God is shaping me lately, and here's what I'm requesting prayer for....

  • Wisdom in knowing where to go from here
  • To hear clearly where God is leading me and make wise decisions accordingly
  • That I will have understanding and patience
  • That my actions, in and out of relationship, will reflect the Lord
Thank you to everyone who has walked with me, encouraged me, and given me advice. And just for the people who have been happy and excited for me. I'm excited to see where God is leading me!

No comments:

Post a Comment