Friday, July 19, 2013

Some melodious sonnet

God has been speaking to me a lot recently through music. Songs that I've heard my entire life have resonated differently in my ears. Let me tell you about some of them and what they mean to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JxFMuGtXTU  : Wow! I have always thought this song was absolutely beautiful. Please take a couple minutes and just listen to it with your eyes closed. Really listen to it. I hope that when I talk about the Lord, people will hear it the way I hear this song. My favorite lines are "O that day when freed from sinning I shall see Thy lovely face. Clothed there in blood-washed linen, how I'll sing Thy sovereign grace." I love thinking about the day that I will finally meet the One who has loved me with an everlasting love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FxaUYjRtkc : He is jealous... for me? I will never know why. How could someone so infinite love someone so small? Whenever I hear this song it makes me step back and think about how truly awesome that is; that the Author of eternity loves and knows me personally. How He loves us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWeb79W8EqQ : Something was different, I knew it the instant you put the light in me. This song makes me imagine who I would be without God. I would be someone whose flame had flickered out; existing, but not shining. Because I know God, I am new! He gives me reasons to be thankful.This song is like a grown up version of "This Little Light of Mine," and I  love it! YOU are the hope that leads me out of the dark!

Time and time again I am humbled by God and the way He smiles at me. He knows exactly what I need to hear and when I need to hear it. I was driving home from the store and heard this last song, and I almost had to pull over because of how it overwhelmed me! There was a specific message in it that spoke to me and what I was thinking.

 Every tribe and tongue and nation will join in the song of the Lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment